If you have looked into weight loss programs at all, you have probably heard of Nutrisystem. This is one of the largest and best known diet programs in existence. Yet, if you haven’t tried it for yourself, you may be wondering, does Nutrisystem work? There are so many diets and weight loss systems around that it can be difficult to choose the one that’s right for you.
Nutrisystem reviews can help you decide if this is the right diet plan for you. I will be taking a close look at the features, benefits, pros and cons of this system. I review many different health and diet related programs, and I am always careful to study them thoroughly and look closely at the drawbacks as well as advantages. In some cases, a program might work for some people better than others. So let’s find out more about Nutrisystem and see whether it’s right for you.
What is Nutrisystem?
Before we can answer the question, does Nutrisystem work, we will have to look at what this program is all about. So the first part of this Nutrisystem review will be to analyze its main features.
First of all, what makes Nutrisystem different from most other diet plans is that all of the guesswork is taken out of the equation. You are given meals that are portion controlled, with the appropriate number of calories. This saves you from having to count calories or worry about what you are and aren’t allowed to eat. Many people find that this is a welcome relief from diets that force them to constantly study labels as they go shopping. Nutrisystem, in this regard, is one of the most comprehensive diet plans you can find. Once you join, you will have everything laid out for you.
Having your meals provided for you also ensures that you maintain a balanced diet while you are losing weight. You won’t have to be concerned that you aren’t getting enough of certain nutrients. The people who designed Nutrisystem put a great deal of research into creating balanced meals. There are several features worth noting when it comes to the nutritional makeup of this diet. First of all, it’s a high protein diet, where you will be getting 25% of your total calories from lean protein. It’s also high fiber, with at least 25g of fiber included every day. The diet is also low fat, low sodium and carbs that are included are low glycemic. This is the ideal combination of nutrients for losing weight while still getting all of the nutrients that your body requires.
Eat 6x Per Day
Another principle that Nutrisystem reviews must note is that this program emphasizes eating frequent, smaller meals rather than three large ones. You will be eating six meals per day. This will help you avoid the hunger pangs that come with many diets. While your meals will be portion controlled, the frequency of the meals means that you will never be going more than a few waking hours in between meals. This can be a psychological as well as a physical advantage.
If you are trying to reduce your intake of calories on a conventional diet, you may find that by 6 PM you’ve already had your daily allowance of calories and you can’t eat any more that night. This can cause anxiety and put you in a state of constantly counting every calorie throughout the day. With Nutrisystem, it’s all scientifically calculated and you will be getting six meals every day. On average, you will be eating every two to three hours. With Nutrisystem, you get a varied diet as well. There are snacks as well as main meals. You are also allowed to mix in some foods from the grocery store.
Different Plans to Choose From
Nutrisystem reviews, if they are to be complete, must point out that this is a program that gives you several choices of plans. The way you choose a plan depends on several factors. Part of it comes down to your budget, as some plans are more costly than others. Yet it also comes down to what type of diet plan you prefer. Some plans give you more leeway to choose your own foods, while others provide you with most of your meals. This is really a personal preference. So when asking does Nutrisystem work, you also have to make sure you choose the plan that’s most appropriate for you. Let’s take a brief look at the different plans.
- Basic Plan –This is the least expensive plan, starting at $9.29 per day. You get four weeks of pre-selected foods to help you lose weight.
- Core Plan –This plan, which starts at $10 per day, provides you a choice of over 100 foods, allowing you to create your own customized menu.
- Uniquely Yours Plan –This plan which starts at $12.14 per day, gives you a choice of more than 150 foods, as well as a wide selection of frozen and ready-to-go choices.
- Diabetes Plans –Nutrisystem also has plans specifically designed for people with Type 2 diabetes. These plans not only help members lose weight, but also lower their A1c. If you or someone you know has diabetes and needs to lose weight, this is a plan well worth considering.
If you are thinking of signing up with Nutrisystem, which plan should you choose? Although there are differences in cost, it really has more to do with your preferences. After all, you have to buy food whether you get it from Nutrisystem or you buy it yourself. Some people would prefer to do more of their own shopping. For them, the Basic Plan is probably best. On the other hand, when you choose the Core or Uniquely Yours plan, you get a wider selection of Nutrisystem meals to choose from. You can, of course, always try one plan and switch to a different one later on. So, when reading Nutrisystem reviews, you have to pay attention to which plan is being reviewed.
Pros and Cons
Let’s look at the main pros and cons of this system.
- Meal plans help you avoid the tedium of counting calories and worrying about what you’re allowed to eat.
- Balanced diet ensures you get all the right nutrients.
- Lots of support and a variety of tracking tools that help you succeed with your diet.
- Many people love Nutrisystem. This gives great reassurance that they actually succeed in helping people lose weight. Here you will find many Nutrisystem reviews.
These are all important benefits that have helped many people lose weight with Nutrisystem.
- Meals can get boring. No matter how varied, it can get tedious to have to eat meals that are provided for you.
- Cost –The cost of Nutrisystem is higher than most diet programs. Of course, you have to consider that you’re getting actual meals, so you may not end up paying more for food than you normally do. Still, paying $300 or more per month can seem like a large expense.
Does Nutrisystem Work For You?
The real question is not does Nutrisystem work in general, but whether or not it will work for you. When it comes down to it, the question of “does Nutrisystem work?” depends a great deal on your needs, goals and personality. Joining Nutrisystem is a significant commitment, so you have to be ready to make a major change in the way you eat.
This is an excellent system for people who have failed at other diets due to lack of focus, discipline and help. When you join Nutrisystem, you are tapped into a large community and organization that provides you not only with meals, but also with plenty of support. If you are ready for some serious change in the way you eat, your health and body weight then Nutrisystem is one of the best possible solutions to help you achieve that.
- Quality of the Product - 9/109/10
- Support - 9.5/109.5/10
- Quick Results - 9/109/10
- Value for Money - 8.5/108.5/10