Luckily, I have compiled a list of 8 absolutely darling, not going to kill your budget, UNIQUE - wedding take home favors. In working on this blog post, I realized that you can do just about anything as a take home favor, you just need to dress it up right.
1. The ever so charming succulent. No, this is not a gift I came up with myself, but I am obsessed! This idea is so organic, and so garden-party-chic it’s ridiculous. Pictured is a miniature succulent (oooh, aaaawww). This little baby cost me $1.87 at Home Depot, and I put it in a .75 cent jar from Michael’s. I dressed it up with a throw-back vintage seed package tag with the personalized details from the wedding. Showcasing the tag as a flower place-marker is so stinking cute, it definitely adds that fun DIY, custom touch. If you are having a rustic wedding, how awesome would it be to put the succulents in tin cans?
Purchase some amazing wedding succulents HERE for only 1.45 each!
Purchase the Tag HERE:
2. Love is sweet, isn’t it? I really don’t think there is anything more appealing than a jar of the local bee-keeper’s honey. The local bee keeper in our mountain valley specializes in unique flavored honey: lavender honey, and dandelion honey. I can’t really say what the process is of insisting that the bees only pollinate certain flowers, but man he is good. And that honey is cruelly delicious. What is really wonderful about local honey companies is that most of them already have honey in small containers and may give you a bulk price. Or you could do what I did, and buy a HUGE (literally bucket-o-honey) container, and separately purchase small glass containers. (This particular container was .75 cents at Michael’s). I estimate that this entire take-home favor only cost $1.35 to make.
You can purchase Ready-Made honey favors HERE for only $1.95!
3. Now, I realize this is not a take-home favor, but it is still in the realm of wedding-favors so I wanted to cover it. I absolutely love sparkler send-offs. Not only is it fun for everyone, but it provides THE BEST WEDDING PHOTOS! I know you’ve seen them, they are those photos to die for! I whipped up this tag for them, to again put that personal DIY wedding touch.
Purchase Tag HERE
Purchase Tag HERE
5. There is something very vintage and charming about seed packets. They take us back to a bygone era of self-sufficiency, and simple times. Letting your “love grow wild” is certainly the gift that keeps on giving. I think this take home favor would be absolutely stunning and appropriate at a garden reception. This favor cost me a grand total of .50 cents.
Purchase "Let Love Grow Wild" Tag HERE
6. My grandparents collected salt and pepper shakers in their world travels, and because of this, I absolutely love them. I looked around and found these basic shakers for a very reasonable price, only $1.87 for the pair. When accompanied by the sweet (and true) phrase “love is the spice of life” I think these make for a lovely favor. It could be fun to fill them with white and brown candies.
Purchase classic Salt and Pepper Shakers in Bulk HERE
7. I am a HUGE fan of organic herb balsamic vinaigrettes, and this idea has been cultivating since I visited the idyllic Cherry Street in Tulsa Oklahoma. One shop had their signature Cherry Street Vinaigrette, it is SO HAPPY! I thought it would be fun to create your own signature vinaigrette, which you could serve first to your guests during the reception, and then give them later to enjoy in the comforts of their own homes. The herb vinaigrette pictured only requires simple instructions (whisk with ½ cup olive oil and 1/4th cup red wine vinegar) so it makes for an easy take home gift. Depending on the types of herbs you choose to put together, this favor could cost as little as 2 bucks a pop. There really is not a wrong way to create a vinaigrette, but you can find my favorite recipe HERE
8. Finally, last but certainly not least, homemade jam. I don't know if you are all lucky enough to have a mother-in-law (mama Berry) who makes preserves like an angel, but I count my blessings every day. Above you can see (and quite nearly smell) her beautiful raspberry jam. I don't think there is anything on the planet your guests would enjoy more.
Purchase ready-made, delicious looking preserves favor HERE for only 2 bucks a jar!
Purchase Tag HERE