So it is no secret, I have been finding lots of inspiration on Pinterest lately (who hasn't?)! I found these Red Velvet Cookies from Peace of Cake a while back, and decided to give them a try. I can safely say after making two batches of these, that they are AMAZING, and EASY, and so so DELICIOUS!
Red Velvet Cookies!
8oz. (1 brick) Cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. Butter, softened (1 stick)
1 t. Vanilla
1 (18-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
Powdered sugar, for rolling/dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. I used my Kitchenaid.
3. Beat in egg, then the vanilla.
4. Beat in the cake mix.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
6. Roll batter into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.
7. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and you can sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
I like to LINK to these Parties!