I have a love hate relationship with sewing patterns. Sometimes when I am reading the directions, I wonder what language they are speaking!! But usually somewhere between the highly professional yet vague directions, and the pictures I battle out the attended pattern... This is my latest attempt, I used Simplicity Pattern 2348, it is a Daisy Kingdom pattern, so I was instantly scared. However, it was not as bad as I thought it might be :)
The most annoying part of the pattern without a doubt was cutting it out. I think it took longer to cut out than it did to sew, especially when you are making two dresses, and trying not to mix the pieces up. Putting them in marked zip-top bags helped a lot!
The putting together part, was actually pretty fun, a couple pieces did not match up perfectly, so I just made it work, a stretch here, a cut here, and it some how came together! It is not perfect, but my daughters love them.. I didn't love them at first, I kept thinking they looked like pioneer kids wearing moo-moos, but they have grown on me! I used fabric from Moda and Riley Blake.
I put a yo-yo behind the rosette, to give it a little more color. I am sure you all know how to make a yo-yo, but just in case you do not here it is. Cut a circle out of fabric, I used a bowl as a guide.
I like to link up to these fabulous parties, come join the fun!